If you get hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you should consider contacting an experienced auto accident lawyer to obtain legal representation as soon as possible. Medical expenses can be significant and you may be entitled to more money than the insurance company wants to pay you. Our Greenwood, Mississippi attorneys can help you receive the compensation you deserve following a motor vehicle accident.
Should I Hire a Lawyer For My Greenwood, MS Car Accident?
Car accidents happen to even the most cautious and experienced drivers. Another driver’s carelessness can harm anyone on the road. The people of Greenwood, MS need reliable representation they can turn to for assistance if they become injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence.
At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., we have seen how automobile accidents can severely alter someone’s life, physically injuring them and causing large amounts of financial debt. Our Greenwood, Mississippi, car accident lawyers have over 40 years of experience helping people injured in auto accidents get the compensation they deserve. Schedule a FREE consultation today to discuss your accident case.
Car Accident FAQs
Do I Need a Lawyer Who Specializes in Auto Accidents?
Yes, if you’ve been in an auto accident, you should seek legal representation from lawyers who have experience working with motor vehicle accident victims. Our Greenwood, MS accident lawyers know how to investigate your car accident case and help you get the most compensation possible. We fight for you until you get the settlement you deserve.
The personal injury lawyers at Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. know the car accident laws in Mississippi and how they differ from other states. We can help you file an insurance claim and negotiate with the insurance company, and also represent you in court if the case goes to trial.
Our Mississippi car wreck attorneys have handled thousands of car accident cases, making them well-versed in car accident injuries and therefore especially equipped at aiding you in obtaining all of the care you need to address your injuries and get you back on the road to recovery.
Our attorneys have the experience necessary to know where, when, and how to fight the insurance company to maximize your compensation. This experience can be invaluable, especially if you don’t have any experience with the legal system.
Can a Car Accident Attorney Talk To My Insurance Company?
Yes, this is one of the main benefits to hiring an experienced car accident attorney! The injury lawyers at Richard Schwartz & Associates stand between you and the insurance company and help make the insurance process easier for you. Without legal representation you will be forced to deal with an insurance adjuster who wants to minimize the amount of money they payout.
Car accidents may cause minor injuries to life-threatening injuries. In addition, your vehicle may need repairs or be a total loss. As a victim, you deserve compensation for these damages.
An attorney can gather information, consult with other experts to put together a strong case for you, and negotiate a settlement with insurance companies. If the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, your attorney can take your case to court.
Most people don’t know their legal rights after a car crash. Unfortunately, insurance companies are aware of this and will try to take advantage of people even though the victims are vulnerable. For example, an insurance company might try to get you to admit fault or that the accident was partially your fault. They might even find a way to dismiss your claim entirely.
Your car accident lawyer at Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. Injury Lawyers will deal with insurance companies for you.
What Type of Damages Can I Claim in an Auto Accident Case?
If you’ve been in a car wreck, you probably wonder how much money you’ll receive. The severity of your accident and injuries will determine the amount of compensation offered by the insurance company. Your attorney will help you gather the documentation to prove your injuries and damages. In addition, your attorney knows how to calculate the
amount of economic and non-economic damages to which you are entitled.
There are many factors to consider when determining a settlement:
- The percentage of fault
- The severity of your injuries
- Current and future medical bills for medical treatment and therapies
- Pain and suffering
- Repair costs
- Lost wages and future income/earning capacity
- Loss of quality/enjoyment of life
- Psychological therapies
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Greenwood, MS?
Car accidents can happen for numerous reasons. Wrecks are a traumatic event for those involved. Causes of car wrecks include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Failing to signal while turning
- Wrong-way accidents
- Distracted driving
- Disregarding severe weather or traffic conditions
- Hazardous road conditions
- Mechanical failures
The Greenwood, MS car accidents lawyers at Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. will investigate all possible causes of your car crash. We will review the police report, witness statements, photos of the accident scene, mechanical records of the cars involved and hire experts to recreate the accident scene, if required.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
After a car crash, you or a loved one might experience a minor to serious injury. If you have injuries from your accident, you deserve to be checked out by a doctor. Unfortunately, some injuries, even serious ones, are not always visible or felt immediately. Below are some common motor vehicle accident injuries.
- Whiplash — A neck injury or whiplash is possible when your head snaps forward and then backward, injuring ligaments in the back of your neck.
- Broken Bones — You can damage any bone in your body. These fractures might lead to significant problems and multiple operations.
- Spinal Cord Injuries — These injuries occur when your spinal cord nerves are damaged, causing a loss of mobility, sensation, or function.
- Burns — Burns to the hands, arms, and face may occur if an airbag deploys during an accident.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) — A TBI can range from severe brain damage to a concussion. It is crucial to assess an accident victim for signs of a concussion.
- Internal injuries — These injuries may not be evident at the scene. However, they can be severe and even life-threatening. Internal injuries may require surgery and continued care.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder — The anxiety and stress that many people who have been in a vehicle accident feel is understandable. But, after the situation has passed, some individuals still suffer from psychological trauma. This condition can manifest after the incident and may not be immediately apparent. Victims can experience mood swings, flashbacks, sleeplessness, and depression. If you or a loved one is suffering from these symptoms due to a vehicle accident, you are not alone and should seek help.
Make sure you obtain copies of all medical records to prove medical expenses and the need for future medical care. Your lawyer will include these costs when calculating a reasonable settlement amount.
Consultations Are FREE
Do you have any concerns about your specific situation? Are you unsure if you require legal counsel? There’s nothing to lose by scheduling a complimentary consultation with Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. We don’t get paid unless you win!
If you or a family member have an accident with injuries in Columbus, Mississippi, call Richard Schwartz & Associates for your FREE consultation. We have over 40 years of experience and have recovered millions for Mississippi auto accident victims.